Important post

Tributes to Althea Hayton

Althea Hayton, founder of Womb Twin, passed away peacefully on August 13 (sorry for the delay in posting this news on the blog). We are all ...

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Story 18: I was sure I was born into the wrong family

I always felt that it wasn't the right way that it was just me and my parents (as if I was born in the wrong family).  I always wished for a sibling (mostly a brother) and I had the feeling that it was too late because a younger sibling wouldn't do it - it had to be "already there".
My mother had bleeding and a heart that was beating before, did not beat anymore. An unusually small placenta, Caesarian born, 3 weeks early. Very slightly crooked face, one ear sticks out. As a child I had two best friends whom I both "met" as a baby in the hospital - one boy, one girl - the girl was like my sister all the time growing up because our parents were friends, but I often overwhelmed her and she sought out other friendship. This was very hard for me, I felt that she was the only really
close person I had, us two against the rest of the world. With the boy, it was like we were siblings as well, but only when we saw each other alone.

Later in my life I had a "soul-sibling", who was my actual cousin. We think (but don't look)
extremely alike. I always resented her for having an older brother. I sometimes wished my parents would divorce, though they love each other and dont fight.

I cannot handle disappointments. I constantly feel responsible and have a bad conscience.  I feel
inhuman and don't want people to discover what I am.  I suffered (still suffer a bit) from body dysmorphic disorder.  I sometimes lose the ability to relate to the outside world (such as tables etc, I cant see things clearly anymore because I obsess about the possibility that there would be another object in its place, ("what if"-games.)

I easily lose the connection to people I love when they aren't there (part of me can't imagine that they exist when they aren't there....)

-----------------

Some of the many signs of the "vanishing twin"


No comments:

Post a Comment