Important post

Tributes to Althea Hayton

Althea Hayton, founder of Womb Twin, passed away peacefully on August 13 (sorry for the delay in posting this news on the blog). We are all ...

Saturday, August 03, 2013

Story 3 : In my dream my brother is dead

There is not much of a story now, just vague ideas and dreams. Four years ago, just when my first and only child was at the age of me maybe having a second kid, I started to have dreams of my mother without any emotion, telling me "your brother is dead".

 Each time I was terribly afraid, that something could have happened to my two years younger brother. But it did not.

One year ago, I had a hard time in my job with stress and disappointments and fell into depression.

Some weeks after I started psychotherapy I had a body-vice intense daytime fantasy: I once had a twin brother and I terribly miss him. On first sight I decided that one's brain could produce nonsense like that if your stress level is too high.

Now, one year later, this topic weaves into my night time dreams. One night I dreamed, that my mother (who is over 60 now) is having a baby. A cute blond girl, called Anna. Me, my brother and my sister went to the hospital to see the baby. After that I read a goodbye letter from my parents to Anna's non-born twin-brother Martin.

A few days later I dreamed about people who lie bleeding and nearly dead on a street I pass on a bus ride. And although these people were adults I knew that they symbolize non-born babies. Thinking about the topic at daytime causes intense body reactions.

So I concluded, my lost twin brother could at least be a very intense symbol for my inner processes.

When I, driven by curiosity, googled on the topic, I was very astonished to read that there is a rather high probability that my fantasy is not totally nonsense. And that there are other people who have some kind of prenatal memories. So I decided, that I can't prove Martin's short existence, but I can nevertheless honor him by grieving and remembering his story.

No comments:

Post a Comment