Important post

Tributes to Althea Hayton

Althea Hayton, founder of Womb Twin, passed away peacefully on August 13 (sorry for the delay in posting this news on the blog). We are all ...

Sunday, August 04, 2013

Story 4: My mother didn't realise there had been twins

My mother lost my twin early - around the 60th day. She thought she had miscarried until a doctor said no, she was still carrying a live fetus. It didn't occur to her until years later that she had lost a twin.

I don't know if 60 days is too early to have a psycho-spiritual impact on the survivor, but it would seem not.

As far back as I can remember, I've been melancholic, as if I was born in mourning.

And while this may be stretching it, I've also had a strange affection or leaning toward needy women in distress, which makes me wonder if my lost twin was a sister and whether subconsciously I've been trying to save her ever since.

It's hard to deny the impact of this phenomenon on parents and surviving siblings.

No comments:

Post a Comment