Important post

Tributes to Althea Hayton

Althea Hayton, founder of Womb Twin, passed away peacefully on August 13 (sorry for the delay in posting this news on the blog). We are all ...

Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Story 6: My father told me

During my childhood I met many twins at school and I always felt like I was like them without having a twin sister. My father told me that I was once one of a twin, when I was on holiday with him when I was twelve.
I was so surprised that it was true and that I was right from the start. I answered that I already new I had a twin sister because I somehow knew. I did not know how or why.

A lot of years went ahead and now I am finishing university. During my life I have always felt alone and different but I did not know why because I didn't believe I could miss someone who I'd never met.

Now I am older and talking to some people about being a twin survivor and it made me realise that all my life I have been second guessing myself and thinking of what my other sister would have done. In times that I feel bad, I would have loved to have someone who really understands me as my family and friends in general don't, at least that is what I believe.

Now I am trying to figure out what life means to me and how I can be myself without wanting to be like a superwoman without any weaknesses as that is not a possible way of living I have experienced. Life continues and so does my life story, hopefully this way my life will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment