Important post

Tributes to Althea Hayton

Althea Hayton, founder of Womb Twin, passed away peacefully on August 13 (sorry for the delay in posting this news on the blog). We are all ...

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Well, the first result doesn't include the "being alone" question, because that question had a glitch and I have some missing data. It's just a quick calculation of how strongly everyone felt about all the questions, and gave them the highest score. A=5, B=4, C=3, D=2, No longer =1

Apart from the loneliness thing, these are the top ten. All very close, but this is the order.
  1. All my life I have felt in some way "incomplete"
  2. I fear abandonment or rejection
  3. I feel different from other people
  4. I have been searching for something all my life but I don’t know what it is
  5. There are two very different sides to my character
  6. I tend to hold on to things
  7. I have a problem with expressing anger - either there is too much or too little
  8. All my life I have felt restless and unsettled
  9. I feel the pain of others as if it were my own
Do these describe the character of a wombtwin survivor? I wonder. They sound predictable enough. The "incomplete" idea sounds very appropriate! The hoarding isn't there as I thought, but the "holding onto things" is - which is part of hoarding, after all. The anger is a surprise, but then wombtwin survivor children are prone to tantrums (including me!) so maybe that just goes on into adulthood. I used to be angry about absolutely everything until I understood what I was wrong - most of my anger wasn't mine. I was being a "lightning conductor" for other people's unexpressed anger, trying to diffuse a difficult atmosphere.

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment