Important post

Tributes to Althea Hayton

Althea Hayton, founder of Womb Twin, passed away peacefully on August 13 (sorry for the delay in posting this news on the blog). We are all ...

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Well I never. Earlier this year, I dared to send an abstract about my analysis of the first 100 questionnnaires to the International Twin Conference, to be held this year in Ghent in June. You could have knocked me down with a feather when they replied last week that I can come and provide them with 15 minutes of my illustrious prose, sprinkled liberally of course with statistics. Wow.

So I'm analysing these data again (now there are 250 forms to do, thanks to 20 secs on ITN) and I need a statistician's help... (anyone out there want to help me?)

Wrestling with Powerpoint, boiling 5 years of work into 1500 words: that's the kind of thing now.

Not only that, but Ive been to Ireland and delivered a training session about the lost twin to some trainee psychotherapists at the Amethyst training centre. As far as we can see at present, 10 out of the 12 trainees are wombtwin survivors. They grasped the idea at once, but that may have been sheer enthusiasm for the idea. We'll see. We do know that wombtwin survivors are drawn to the healing and caring professions, so maybe that's not so surprising. What is more surprising however is that the vanished twin is lost in another way: there is very little written about the lost twin in the pre and perinatal psychology literature. Shirley Ward (Amethyst) and I will soon put that right. We are going to do a joint article entitled: "The lost twin - the missing link?"

And just to get me thoughly excited, I heard from Unltd that I am to be given a grant to create wombtwin.com, set up some more healing groups and organise a study day.

After 5 years, two of them spent closeted for fifty hours a week with my computer, living almost as a hermit, I can come blinking into daylight and speak about the inner lives of wombtwin survivors to an astonished and unbelieving world: but then that will be another story........

1 comment:

  1. Tabby (my surviving triplet) has always said that she would be a physician...she has never really considered anything else. Of course, she is only twelve so who knows what she will do.

    In answer to your question, she does not seem to need any time alone. She is extremely social and is always surrounded by friends and animals. We do have a family bed so she has always slept with someone. She also breastfed unti lshe was almost nine so that may skew your results some.

    I was taking Perganol when I concieved the triplets. There were three placentas, and then I started bleeding at nine weeks. By the fourteenth week Tabby was the only one left alive.

    She told me last night she misses her triplets all the time.

    Come visit our daily blog at http://journals.aol.com/hestiahomeschool/HomeschoolingJournal/ to share our lives!

    ReplyDelete