Important post

Tributes to Althea Hayton

Althea Hayton, founder of Womb Twin, passed away peacefully on August 13 (sorry for the delay in posting this news on the blog). We are all ...

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A healing path (2) Living the Dream: food

From the beginning of this work,  it became clear that womb twin survivors have a problem with food.

I certainly did, and to a certain extent I still do.  I have three of the eight signs of a food problem and many womb twin survivors seem to show these signs too:

1) overweight
2) eat too much
3) always trying to lose weight but not successful for very long
4) food intolerance

The others are:

1) anorexia
2) bulimia
3) morbid obesity
4) binge eating disorder

The root cause is ADDICTION to food. (See my blog about this)

And I have some answers here.....

Addiction to certain food ingredients, not every single food ingredient. Its a very specific thing.

Wheat, sugar, cow's milk and potato - those are the favourite food fixes

This is the book



















And this is why I wrote it:



I want to know more about how food problems may be related to  being a womb twin survivor, so if you have a food problem please let me know.  There is a special new questionnaire about it, so I can gather some useful data.

This is the questionnaire
Here is what one food addict said;
I came across your web site whilst browsing about food addiction as a subject. I have tried to control my impulses from the earliest age I can think of regards my overeating. If my memory serves me correctly I would be around 5 years of age when I noticed it.

I know that my eating habits are killing me and I suppose deep down that's what I am hoping for :- to die in a manner that nobody would class as suicide, as this way of eating and being makes me so ill .

On the other side of the coin I feel guilty that I am not strong enough to resist these impulses. I get cross with myself, because people who know me think I am a strong, confident outgoing person who can cope with anything and is good to be around. The sad part to this is most of the time I am strong, until a dark cloud settles and the duration can be weeks and even months to it lifting. During this time I close off, and want to be alone and see people as little as possible.

I wonder if there is any effective treatment out there, because I know now that I can not go on like this. I want to live properly but don't know where to turn for help and assistance. I have had blood and allergy tests done before and the foods I binge on are the foods that I am intolerant or allergic to. For a time I can seem to clear my system out of these foods and feel better but I always go back.


I have always wanted to leave the planet and found it a strange place to be in. I have tried many, many times to alter my destructive patterns that have formulated what I have become, but to no avail and basically have decided that even though I do not like being here, I just do my best, but it is not working anymore.........
It soon became clear that she is a womb twin survivor, and so her healing path began......

1 comment:

  1. i know my post is a little off topic...but could it be that the expression "i don´t like to be here [on earth]" or "i wanna go home" is typical for wombtwin survivors?
    because that touched me in the food addict report and that´s the way i felt all my life...

    ReplyDelete