Important post

Tributes to Althea Hayton

Althea Hayton, founder of Womb Twin, passed away peacefully on August 13 (sorry for the delay in posting this news on the blog). We are all ...

Monday, April 30, 2012

Womb twin story: is this so much psychological snake oil?

(From the questionnaire)

I was born in 1962 and I'm the youngest of 6. My mother also had a miscarriage at an earlier time so if my twin lived I would have been one of 8.  I know my twin was a girl and was given a funeral  but from some things my mother said about the birth (not being allowed to see her, feeling violently pulled about) I don't know what state she was in at birth.


According to my father I looked deformed (elongated head) and my brother's teased me when young that I had taken up all the room/food.  I've been overweight for a lot of my life. I 'm not sure why I've filled this form in and I worry that this is just an excuse to cover up feeling that a lot of people have. 

I also worry that many of the questions seem a little leading and the answers give a slightly false impression, as I've achieved a lot and often feel more like a survivor than a victim.

I don't think that many people are happy or free of inner demons and I'm suspicious of therapists as they come across as emotional vampires to me and offer trite explanations for complex problems. Also, once you live long enough, there are always plenty of other sad things to deal with. I don't need a priest substitute in my life and I worry this is so much psychological snake oil. But, then again, I know I'm carrying something around.

No comments:

Post a Comment