Important post

Tributes to Althea Hayton

Althea Hayton, founder of Womb Twin, passed away peacefully on August 13 (sorry for the delay in posting this news on the blog). We are all ...

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Highly sensitive people - are they womb twin survivors?

Many (if not all) womb twin survivors are super sensitive. Elaine Aron wrote a book about being highly sensitive.  According to Dr. Aron's definition, the Highly Sensitive Person (HSP) has a sensitive nervous system, is aware of subtleties in his/her surroundings, and is more easily overwhelmed when in a highly stimulating environment.

I think she is describing womb twin survivors without realising this.

Here she is describing this group - surely, they are the womb twin survivors!




There are other ways to overcome that super-sensitive feeling - it is often self-inflicted. I know. I do it. Or used to. Giving up caffeine made all the difference!

Dr Aron says that sensitivity is not values - how wring she is! It's a wonderful gift! I for one would not be without it. I could not possibly do this work if I was a "non-sensitive," to use Dr Aron's term.

Are you hypersensitive?  Try the test here and please let me know what you discover!

No comments:

Post a Comment