Important post

Tributes to Althea Hayton

Althea Hayton, founder of Womb Twin, passed away peacefully on August 13 (sorry for the delay in posting this news on the blog). We are all ...

Tuesday, August 07, 2012

My dermoid cyst was my twin

This came to me in an email some years ago:

I had a cyst removed from my eye at the age of three that contained a tooth and other glands that were my twin's. I feel that I have always been incomplete, and that I now wish I had my imaginary childhood friend back. 
I do have a recurring dream that I think is related. I am sitting on top of a formation, inside of a cave, with someone just my size. There are two slides down from the top, where we are sitting. One side leads down into the water and out of the cave into the sea. The other leads down and into the water, but rushes back into the darkness. Predictably, I am pushed down one slide, and the other person is pushed down the other. I am devastated in the dream. Strangely, I am the one who is pushed into the darkness as I am desperately straining to go with the other person who is being taken out to sea. I don't know what it means, but I have it (that I can remember) two or three times a year.

This woman is certainly a womb twin survivor. She didn't mention in her email whether the doctor mentioned anything about the twin to her or her mother.

It remains a mystery to me why doctors are so silent on this subject!

No comments:

Post a Comment