Important post

Tributes to Althea Hayton

Althea Hayton, founder of Womb Twin, passed away peacefully on August 13 (sorry for the delay in posting this news on the blog). We are all ...

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Womb twin story: I'm less confused now

I'm a twelve year old female who's always had something wrong. This summer of 2011 I finally took it upon myself to figure out whats wrong with me because after 6 years of counseling with 5 different people, I had no success.


 I am an avid Harry Potter fan and saw your post about Fred Weasley. I took that like it was my own brother's death. It was horrible.

When I saw your article and searched the rest of your site, it all started making sense. One day in counseling I brought it up, my mum treated it like a joke. That could've crushed me like a bug.

My counselor was helpful and keeps it in mind. I used to have imaginary friend, one a male and the other a female (who I thought looked just like me).

My mum says I constantly asked if I was a twin when I was younger. I know so many twins and my jealousy goes through the roof when I'm around them. I also get very sad around them.

When I was born, I was breech and my mum had to have an emergency C-Section.

Still to this day I cannot sleep alone in the dark. I also always have to be in a "crib" like position in bed.  I'm against the wall with pillows surrounding all around me and blocking the edge of the bed.

I'm a lefty with many many physical and mental problems. Over the summer, before I saw your website, I had to go to the hospital because I was suicidal.

As I thought more about this womb twin option, it all seemed to fall into place and make sense. Im very tomboy but can be extremely girly when the time comes. I also have another side of me. I'm like 3 different people in one.

I've come to realize that if anything, I'm a triplet. I had an identical twin sister and a fraternal brother. I still feel like I cannot deal with it, but I feel less confused now that I know about this whole thing.

Help for young womb twin survivors on this site

No comments:

Post a Comment