Important post

Tributes to Althea Hayton

Althea Hayton, founder of Womb Twin, passed away peacefully on August 13 (sorry for the delay in posting this news on the blog). We are all ...

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Story 20: I was born breech

When my mother was 3 months pregnant with me and my twin, she miscarried my twin, having to catch a taxi to the hospital as she was bleeding a lot.

I do believe she had a curette. She did not know she was still pregnant with me until at 6 months pregnant she got angry with a man while cooking tons of potato salad at her work on an island and slammed a knife down on the board with her hand sliding down the knive severing tendons in her hand, with a permanent disability from that.

When that happened she felt a jump in her stomach. She drank some alcohol to ease the pain, as she still wasn't sure. She caught a ferry to the mainland and they gave her full anesthetic to stitch her hand up. She eventually must have known she was pregnant with me, and I do not know if I was full term.

I was born a breech position with right foot first, left foot last, apparently my left foot was caught up in her ribs. I had to wear special nappies for the first two years of my life.

I have always had abandonment issues and have always felt like I don't fit anywhere, I always fear death and have had troubles with anxiety. I constantly feel sick to the stomach. I always feel tired.

----------------------
A miscarriage of one twin at about 3 months of pregnancy
 

No comments:

Post a Comment