Important post

Tributes to Althea Hayton

Althea Hayton, founder of Womb Twin, passed away peacefully on August 13 (sorry for the delay in posting this news on the blog). We are all ...

Saturday, December 24, 2011

More tales for the journey: Case Study (2) Letting go of the past

 
I came to a place where I had left an old leather suitcase, which I had once carried for my mother.  I saw it lying there, neglected in a corner and imagined that there was great sadness left in it that seemed to have something to do with me.

 I leaned down and inspected the tattered leather, which I had slashed with a knife.  I saw the damage I had done when I wrenched it open in my desire to find my baby bracelet.  I stroked the smooth leather surface, wondering what journeys that case had made, that I could never know about.  I was lost for a long time, pondering the mysteries of the case.

 Then I saw that the leather was a warm, brown colour and was soft and malleable.  I knew at once what to do.  I took up my scissors and cut carefully into the leather until I had several pieces lying about my feet. 

 I spent a long time carefully planning; placing the pieces this way and that, until I knew what I could make.  For many hours I worked until my fingers were sore and my eyes ached, until I had made a small rucksack and a pair of moccasins.

I saw the road stretching out ahead of me, inviting me to walk on.  I put the sack on my back, placed the moccasins on my feet, and set off, singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment