Important post

Tributes to Althea Hayton

Althea Hayton, founder of Womb Twin, passed away peacefully on August 13 (sorry for the delay in posting this news on the blog). We are all ...

Friday, April 27, 2012

Womb twin story: the afterbirth was another baby

Mum was 7 months when she went into labour, they gave her medication to stop the labour and I was born on time. She said delivering the afterbirth was as painful as giving birth, but thought nothing of it.


At a doctor's appointment six weeks later she asked what was put into the bucket in the delivery room and was told it was another baby that had only developed to about 4 months then died and was delivered along with me. No sex was mentioned.

I got very emotional when I heard about womb twin survivors - maybe there are people out there that feel like me. I am very sensitive and emotional.  Films make me cry, even the news sometimes.  I don't mind being alone in the dark now I am an adult, but as a child I was afraid and used to sing myself to sleep at night.  It drove my brother mad.

I do like to help people and feel guilty if I can't.  Sleep has never been good, clock watching is the norm.  I might get 2 or 3 full nights sleep a week.  I have felt all my life that I have been searching for something but not knowing what it was.  Now I have heard of womb twin survivors I hope I can eventually understand why I am the way I am. I am 57 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment