Important post

Tributes to Althea Hayton

Althea Hayton, founder of Womb Twin, passed away peacefully on August 13 (sorry for the delay in posting this news on the blog). We are all ...

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Womb twin story: I never felt alone


Seven years ago, after telling my mother about a twins study, my mother casually told me that she had miscarried while she was about 8 weeks pregnant with me. As a small child I was fascinated by twins. My cousin and I would dress alike.


At the library, I would ask for books about twins (and horses, of course, I was a little girl). I wanted to be a twin, then finally realized it was too late.  Even as an adult I would seek out articles about twins (sometimes my excitement and persistence in my interest has been annoying to those around me!)

I am left-handed. I never felt alone. In fact, I have always felt like there is someone, or someones around me constantly.  I practice conversations in the mirror or in my head. I am interested in spirits, and feel entities around me...

So finally, seven years ago, after reading about a twins researcher who was working with a set of twin doctors, and who discovered he had had a stillborn twin,  I told my mother about the article and she told me about the miscarriage.

Voila! I had been a twin. I don't think my mother ever considered the miscarriage as a twin. I think she thought she had miscarried, but the doctor didn't believe her.


No comments:

Post a Comment