Important post

Tributes to Althea Hayton

Althea Hayton, founder of Womb Twin, passed away peacefully on August 13 (sorry for the delay in posting this news on the blog). We are all ...

Friday, April 20, 2012

Womb twin story: two tales

1) Several years ago I told my aunt that I always felt I should have had a twin brother.  She told me to speak to my mother. My mother described how, when I was born, the midwife said that there had been two babies conceived but that only one had survived. I lead a largely happy life but deep down I feel a loss which I have never been able to fulfil. I am a very logical person but I know this feeling of loss is the absence of my twin. I woke tonight with this feeling and Googled this for the first time and found this website. I could weep. Thank you.



2) I am 17 and I am left handed. When my mom went for her first pregnancy check-up they said she was going to have twins (because the size of her cervix and something else, I don't remember) Well, by her first ultrasound there were no twins, just me.  My mom jokes that I “ate my twin”, it is a myth that left-handed people eat their twins (well, absorb them).  I know that I didn’t eat it but I know that I am the only one who survived.   Someone asked me if I’ve always felt like something was missing, and I often do. Like a piece of my soul is missing, sounds weird, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment