Important post

Tributes to Althea Hayton

Althea Hayton, founder of Womb Twin, passed away peacefully on August 13 (sorry for the delay in posting this news on the blog). We are all ...

Saturday, April 07, 2012

Womb twin story: a real feeling of loss


My favorite childhood fantasy was finding out I had a twin. When I was pregnant I wanted badly to have twins, I am fascinated by everything about them. My mother thought she had miscarried me at around 12 weeks when she experienced cramping and bleeding. I am almost sure I once had a twin. I feel the loss of her every day. How that is possible when I was only a tiny embryo at the time, I don't know. I just know the feeling of loss and endless curiosity is real.


1 comment:

  1. I have felt exactly the same way all my life, too, that I was a twin and lost my sister around the third month. My mother has no knowledge of this, it is just something I have known since I was a small child. A tiny embryo is capable of remembering things, they are deeply imprinted on us. So if you feel this strongly, it is probably true.

    ReplyDelete