Important post

Tributes to Althea Hayton

Althea Hayton, founder of Womb Twin, passed away peacefully on August 13 (sorry for the delay in posting this news on the blog). We are all ...

Sunday, December 09, 2012

Womb twin story - she knew the death of her womb mates

My mom, apparently, aborted another male fetus about a year after I was born. It is not a far stretch to think there were male fetuses present with me, I had just never considered it before.


 I grew up in emotional 'no-mans-land' that's what I always called it. My siblings are all female. I was always trying to plug myself in somewhere and belong; I often felt that I was a mistake, that my very presence was an annoyance, especially to my mother, who (I felt) often seemed to barely tolerate my presence.

I spent my life trying to make peace with my reason for being. My relationship skills were weak and I often isolated myself from others to prevent conflict.

I developed fears and anxieties in dealing with my adult world. Many years of school teaching did not fill the void in my heart.

I married later in life and have struggled (successfully, mostly) to be a loving wife and mom to three step children. And still the hollow in my heart did not fill, till my therapist, last Friday, told me I had witnessed the death of my womb -mates.

I felt their pain. Now I feel their joy in knowing that I am aware of them. I can, finally, move more richly into my here and now; I am not alone anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment