Important post

Tributes to Althea Hayton

Althea Hayton, founder of Womb Twin, passed away peacefully on August 13 (sorry for the delay in posting this news on the blog). We are all ...

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Womb Twin story: she recognised the symbolic signposts

I did not realise consciously that I was a twin until late in life (40s) in a process of therapeutic and healing work. I had a eureka moment which followed from a long period of symbolic signposts which I can recognise in retrospect.


All my life people seemed to be taking me for someone else.. "you're just like....;"  "I thought you were .."

 I had a dream of dragging a heavy dead body through a dark, bleak and dangerous landscape towards what seemed like a city of light which I knew we had to reach, but didn't think I'd have the strength to make it. I Awoke before resolution.

Also, in therapy, drew a pic of the womb with me entombed, sort of mummified, with three tube-like outlets draining into a black pool at my feet, like a lake of death.

At the time I thought I was only trying to express my entanglement with death, even in birth, but now I see that the picture also symbolises the presence of my dead twin with me in the womb.

I haven't researched my birth yet, and my mother is now deceased. She never spoke directly of a twin and I'm unsure if she was told. It was a difficult birth. I was obstructed and intervention was required. Labour was premature, I weighed 5 pounds and required some kind of intensive care for a short period I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment