Important post

Tributes to Althea Hayton

Althea Hayton, founder of Womb Twin, passed away peacefully on August 13 (sorry for the delay in posting this news on the blog). We are all ...

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Story 13: A story for left-handers day (Southpaws, should I say!)

Today is left-handers' day.  So here is a special story.  (There are many southpaws among the womb twin survivors who read this blog.

I was born left handed, and my grandmother and cousins are both identical twins. I was simply wondering if the theory about lefthandedness and vanishing twins could be true somehow.

I am an only child, and my parents never had children after or before me, which I always found rather odd. My mother while pregnant was exceedingly large, and was as big as my aunt who was having twins, which was a big joke in the family. lol

I was always VERY mature for my age, almost abnormally so. I am extremely intuitive, and find that when someone suffers or shows emotional pain, I have to try very hard to keep from crying myself. I never once wondered though if I was ever a twin. I always just seemed complete in myself, but who knows?

My mother lost my twin early - around the 60th day. She thought she had miscarried until a doctor said no, she was still carrying a live fetus.

A twin pregnancy at 57 days, with a live fetus and a miscarried twin
It didn't occur to her until years later that she had lost a twin. I don't know if 60 days is too early to have a psycho-spiritual impact on the survivor, but it would seem not.

As far back as I can remember, I've been melancholic, as if I was born in mourning. And while this may be stretching it, I've also had a strange affection or leaning toward needy women in distress, which makes me wonder if my lost twin was a sister and whether subconsciously I've been trying to save her ever since. It's hard to deny the impact of this phenomenon on parents and surviving siblings.

No comments:

Post a Comment