Important post

Tributes to Althea Hayton

Althea Hayton, founder of Womb Twin, passed away peacefully on August 13 (sorry for the delay in posting this news on the blog). We are all ...

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Story 15: I was convinced I had a sister somewhere

I was convinced as a child that I had a sister and she was away living with another family in another world.
I have spent my whole life studying mental health and all kinds of new age therapies and reading books, but never seem to feel I have found what my life is for. While my children have brought me great joy and I see mysf as a very good and nurturing parent, I have suffered exploitation and bullying in work as a nurse then an academic so that I became too ill to work, first with a severe lung disease and then with a clinical depression.

This work has jolted some memories especially of an imaginary friend when I was very young as well as a sister I was convinced I had who lived on another country somewhere ( I have two brothers, no sisters). I was born in 1961, many weeks premature and at risk for several weeks.

------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment