Important post

Tributes to Althea Hayton

Althea Hayton, founder of Womb Twin, passed away peacefully on August 13 (sorry for the delay in posting this news on the blog). We are all ...

Friday, April 04, 2014

Imaginary friends - why does no one mention womb twin survivors?

This article about imaginary friends is interesting....
In the 1970s, when I was at primary school, I had a friend. He was the sort of friend who would nowadays alert social services. Because he wasn't a child. And he wasn't a girl. No, he was in his 30s. He had a beard. And his name was Klas.

Klas was my imaginary friend. He wasn't about all the time, because he lived near my grandmother in a white house by the station, about half an hour's drive from ours. But as I grew up, he was alluded to. Mentioned. Blamed, even. If I talked when nobody was around, it was to Klas. If I sometimes played without my sister, I was playing with Klas.

This article is interesting, but it does NOT MENTION womb twin survivors. At all.
I wonder why?

1 comment:

  1. I think there may be many different reasons for an imaginary friend to appear. Reading the article I wonder what is meant by children "creating" them. I never created an imaginary friend. He was just always there. Also, I couldn't describe his outward appearance or typical behaviour. Any personal characteristics I'd apply to him I would consciously take from other persons or characters and attach to him in order to make him describable. Maybe it would be worthwhile to cretae a profile of imaginary friends typical for womb twin survivors. A lot of data might reveal patterns in "using the tool" of imaganaries, widespread and variable as it seems to be, and thus help to detect the WTS among them (not only children, as I know. Among adult Aspies imaginaries are frequent).

    ReplyDelete