Important post

Tributes to Althea Hayton

Althea Hayton, founder of Womb Twin, passed away peacefully on August 13 (sorry for the delay in posting this news on the blog). We are all ...

Friday, September 14, 2007

Well. We had the Event, we all sat round and I did the PowerPoint thing and they all went slightly glassy eyed but the pics caught their attention! (Get a sawn-off version if you want to see it yourself, on the wombtwin.com site). The UnLtd people were kindness itself and every need was met, even before I knew it. Wonderful.

"Wonderful" was the word used today by one visitor, a wombtwin survivor himself, who was in the midst of a nervous breakdown a few weeks ago but, having taken his first few steps on " The Healing Path," felt able to travel a long way alone, to be there yesterday.

"It was a wonderful day yesterday! I'm very happy that I came! Coming on my own to London was quite miraculous for me! I'm glad that I did. Being in complete isolation a few weeks ago, wanting to see no one, and then a few weeks later going on a trip is fabulous! Meeting other wombtwin survivors was a nice experience. Knowing that I am not alone with this."

It was great to be in a room with people who all wanted to know more. No cold dismissal; no scepticism. No one saying I am "dangerous" or "crazy". (That is often said.) A real treat, not to have to spend all day defending my position on this.

Nick Owen spoke about the need to develop helpful ways to integrate this into therapy, or create self help therapy. I did the science; he did the therapy. A good double act.

We all had lunch and talked some more then went to a cafe and talked even longer. I need to create lots of spaces where wombtwin survivors can be together and just feel understood. It's so great!

Plans, plans....... more in a bit when they crystallize slightly. We have a wombtwin.com road show now! Book yours today!

No comments:

Post a Comment