Important post

Tributes to Althea Hayton

Althea Hayton, founder of Womb Twin, passed away peacefully on August 13 (sorry for the delay in posting this news on the blog). We are all ...

Monday, May 18, 2009

Wombtwin workshops (2) Belgium

By means of the Eurostar train from St Pancras in London I discovered how near Belgium is. At the workshop venue, which is a therapy centre North of Gent, I also made a whole lot of new friends.

This was a group made up almost entirely of wombtwin survivors- a strange situation for those two who were not, among so many who were!

I found that the powerpoint presentation is certainly too detailed for a group of wombtwin survivors- they wanted a quick run through and to get on with the exercises. When we did start, I did something unusual: I divided the group according to whether they were identical fraternal or they werent sure - like a bit of both. Two were not sure if they were wombtwin survivors at all. I then asked each group to discuss what major psychological difficulties they shared, and it was differeht for each group. The fraternals had feelings of abandonment, the identicals problems with the Alpha and Beta twin and how that script was appearing in their lives, and the multiples wondered about the balance of gender energy within each one.

There are some exercises that seem to work well now I have had a chance to try them out: in one I make a circle of black cloth and this is the Black Hole, and they have to stand in the black hole and see how it feels and discuss how they are to get out of it and what would help. That does seem to clarify things for them.

I had a translator for the first day but the second day when we talked about the healing path and things were more difficult I asked that they use their own language and not keep translating for me. This seemed to help. We comunictaed well with little tips and simple suggestions and of course a hug at the end!

There was a substantial donation for wombtwin.com by the end of the weekend which I took in lieu of a fee. I took out the travel cost and handed the rest back to them and suggested that they open a bank account for their new organisation-to-be, "Wombtwin.be." This I hope will be the first of many such sister organisations, allied to wombtwin.com simply by the word WOMBTWIN in the title, using the same logo and having the same aims. I dont mind running the UK operation but I cant run the whole world! If the Belgian organisatioin takes off soon we will learn how to do this in the simplest and best way, and this will I hope provide a lead to others.

Any readers interested in setting up a local Wombtwin organisation in an other country of Europe or North America?

No comments:

Post a Comment