Important post

Tributes to Althea Hayton

Althea Hayton, founder of Womb Twin, passed away peacefully on August 13 (sorry for the delay in posting this news on the blog). We are all ...

Wednesday, January 05, 2011

A fresh perspective

I suppose I am reaping the rewards of talking a break. For various reasons, I have not been able to do any work on the new book since December 5th, a whole month ago.  I am coming back to it today, fresh and with a new perspective, and I know (it's the copy editing stage now) that I will see the errors more plainly, and be able to improve the English to get the ideas clearer.

If you are on your healing path and you have got lost in a complex of ideas and thoughts and feel confused and lost, then take a break. Put the whole thing to one side and concentrate on some other project, enjoy that and in about 2 or 3 weeks,  start again.   I am sure that will help.

If you are following the healing path ebook and you keep going back to the first step, don't imagine that this is a sign that you are getting nowhere. Far from it.  To get a true sense of the reality of your original womb story is the foundation of all future work, so its always worth revisiting.


This is what I must do. I have to get back to the start. I will take up my laptop in  a minute and create a finished version of Chapter One. Here is a snippet for you:

Whoever you are reading this, when you were no more than a twinkle in
your father’s eye, the making of you had already begun. You came into
being as a separate, unique, brand-new little person at the moment of
your conception. Now conception requires two tiny single-cell gametes
to meet, one from Mum and one from Dad. Mum’s gamete is called
an ovum - sometimes called a human egg - and Dad’s gamete is called a
spermatozoon - usually known as a sperm.
Sexual reproduction - and this is after all what we are talking
about - has been going for a very long time. Largely by a process of
trial and error, this extremely complex and delicate process, operating
at a microscopic level, has been honed to a nicety over the generations.
Your Mum and Dad played their biological part to perfection, as they
negotiated themselves into position to enable conception to occur. This
act may have been carefully planned, impulsive, entirely inappropriate or
even morally wrong, but once Dad’s sperm and Mum’s egg were in exactly the right position and in precisely the right environment, they made that impossible, crucial connection and merged. That created you. Whatever else you may say about yourself, you are a miracle. We all are
.


Onward.....

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I felt as if you were talking to me and you're right, with both states:
    1.I should take a break, and secondly, I could go back to the first step in the healing path since I'm going through it without being very clear about my womb life.
    If I can do another project I'm not sure since I'm still thinking a lot about all this womb stuff and twinning. But I will try to slow down.

    ReplyDelete