Important post

Tributes to Althea Hayton

Althea Hayton, founder of Womb Twin, passed away peacefully on August 13 (sorry for the delay in posting this news on the blog). We are all ...

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Womb Twin story - She is crying for her twin sister

I am a 16 year old female. I have always felt very alone, outside of my self. Inside, there always seems to be more of me. I'm always talking to myself, but it isn't really me.



When I was in elementary school, the kids would sometimes bring lunch to their younger sibling, or other things like that. And I would cry.

When I was in middle school (Hard years) And someone would even say to me "My brother and I" or "My sister an I" I would start crying.

I'm now a junior in high school and to this day, whenever I see two sisters, close sisters, doing things together, I cry. And I will stay upset for a few days.

I've always obsessed over twins. I've always felt my life would be THAT much better with a twin. We would be together always and we would create and succeed. And I was always "Mom, I'm telling you. I had a twin, but before anyone knew, she died."

And my parents would just say "Noooo. No, no, no" My father has 6 siblings, 2 of which are twins. My mother has 2 sisters, she is the middle child. They don't understand how it feels to be an only child, and having this constant craving for a sibling, and not just a sibling, a twin.  A feeling that you have one, somewhere, and you just don't know about it. Well today, I found out.

And I found out that many parts of my personality that I can't account for are because of this. And now I'm a loner. I only want to be alone. I love people, from a distance, but not so much having to deal with them. I'm not very big on my family, I don't have many friends. And I like it that way.

I'm an independent person, I truly function better that way. Except for my twin. She is the only person I want to be around. I want to be with. I love my sister. I said it - MY sister. And now I'm crying.

Ha! In reality I want it to be just me and my sister, taking on the world. But I have me. Just me.

A poem about waiting for your twin

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I totally get this. This is how I felt all my life, and when I was your age, around 15 or so, I was trying to tell my mother I had a twin sister who died before we were born, and my mother outright ridiculed me. I wasn't a loner in high school, but I've become one now, much later in life...and I actually like it that way. I'm only around people who mean a tremendous amount to me, not superficially, which I see a lot. I think the majority of my relationships over the years, with few exceptions, have been superficial. I needed and wanted people around me all the time so I wouldn't feel alone. Now I understand what that feeling alone was all about and I carry my sister in my heart and soul, so now I don't have to be surrounded by fake people.

    ReplyDelete