Important post

Tributes to Althea Hayton

Althea Hayton, founder of Womb Twin, passed away peacefully on August 13 (sorry for the delay in posting this news on the blog). We are all ...

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

When despair overcomes hope, and suicide results.

I heard yesterday that my friend (who is most probably a womb twin survivor but was not open to it when I mentioned it to her) had died.

She committed suicide.

She didn't choose life. She chose death.

To die is for the pain of living to end at last.  Womb twin survivors find life so very hard - just the fact that you are alive is a problem.

I will not be able to prevent many hundreds of thousands of womb twin survivors from choosing death over life in the next few years. However, I will try very, very hard to get a fresh understanding of why wonderful people like my dear friend, filled with life and humour; kind and compassionate creatures filled with love and surrounded by love, want to kill themselves.  Occasionally, they succeed.

I do not understand it now, but I will. I am determined to do this. And I will take with me the spirits of the many people I have known who are womb twin survivors but who lost the battle against despair.  I was unable to help them because I don't know enough. I will try to learn, but I need help.

If you ever felt suicidal, and you are a womb twin survivor, with proof or without, talk to me about  your suicidal ideas and attempts.  Its all confidential, you can be anonymous if you wish.

Leave a comment here or email me today and let's try and reduce this tragic waste of beautiful people.

1 comment:

  1. Althea, thank you for your committment to helping people live. I am deeply sorry that you lost your friend. I am truly grateful for the example you give us in helping womb twin survivors know why they hurt & then helping them heal. I feel privileged to to be helping you on your mission. With much love & affection, your "imported Irish" brother.

    ReplyDelete