Important post

Tributes to Althea Hayton

Althea Hayton, founder of Womb Twin, passed away peacefully on August 13 (sorry for the delay in posting this news on the blog). We are all ...

Tuesday, June 01, 2010

What should we call ourselves?

The debate begins again... in 2003 I argued with a lot of people  over how to find a short hand term for

"The sole survivors of a twin or multiple pregnancy."

What a mouthful! So I came up with the term "wombtwin"  to describe the twin who never made it to birth alive. Thus a "wombtwin survivor" was the twin who lived.

In 2009 I was advised to change the term into two words, Womb Twin, to make it clearer what it means. I took that advice. I like lots of advice and I need your advice today.

And now the debate comes again, and a public consultation has begun.  You will find a one- week poll at the top of the sidebar, please do vote and let's see what everyone thinks. If you voted " none of the above" then please give your personal suggestion as a comment to this post. Thanks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment